Fisheries and Wildlife Graduate Student Association
The Fisheries and Wildlife Graduate Student Association is a resource for fisheries and wildlife graduate students to enhance their education and enhance community.
- To improve communication among graduate students and faculty of the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife at Oregon State University.
- To enhance exchange of ideas and collaboration among graduate students and to promote and endorse their work.
- To expand and diversify the range of educational experiences available to graduate students.
- To increase opportunities for professional development of graduate students.
- To articulate the needs of graduate students and advocate their views in the department, college and university.
2016-17 FWGSA Officers
Treasurer: Angie Munguia
Secretary: Danielle Nelson
New Student Liaison: Logan Pallin
Social Coordinator: Olivia Bailey
The Research Advances in Fisheries, Wildlife, and Ecology Symposium (RAFWE)
The Research Advances in Fisheries, Wildlife, and Ecology (RAFWE) is a student-run symposium which showcases research, extension, and outreach activities conducted by faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, and researchers from OSU's Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, related departments at OSU and other colleges and universities, and state and federal agencies. Learn more >
Graduate Students' Favorites List
Don't get out much? Take a look of our favorites list for local restaurants, hiking hot spots, and other forms of entertainment.
Graduate Student Survival Guide
New to Corvallis? Looking for a place to live, or people to connect with? This Survival Guide contains all you you need to know before you move and your first few terms here. If you won't be living in Corvallis, check out our Off Campus resources for research centers outside of the main campus.
F&W Social Events Listserv
This e-mail list is separate from the department listserv and is designed for grad students to invite each other to fun, informal, and non-departmental events. Sign up now!
Graduate Course Guide and Recommendations
Struggling to put together your plan of study? Check out our ever-growing list of recommended courses and seminars by other F&W graduate students.
American Fisheries Society and The Wildlife Society Oregon Student Chapters
Our undergraduate peers have developed an outstanding organization that offers multiple opportunities for personal development and activities.
Fisheries and Wildlife
- Research & Extension